Monday, June 30, 2014

Only Pretend ~ Nora Flite






If you hated your life, wanted to prove to the world that you could change, how would you do it?


I had a plan. 
I also had no family, no friends, 
and definitely no jerk of an ex-boyfriend 
who thought I was boring.

I was tired of being me. In Vegas, I could be anything.

And then I saw him. 
His hungry smile wanted a taste of the new me. Only a boring person would have said no.


It was reckless to follow a stranger to his bed.
Dangerous to take the drink he handed me. I thought the worst regret I'd have would be a hangover, a walk of shame through the hotel.

Except I didn't wake up in the hotel. 
Or in Vegas.

I doubt my face will end up in the news.
“Woman missing,” the headline would say.
“A stupid person who thought she could be someone else.”



Sometimes, nothing short of a 
really, REALLY dark read will do! 

This one gave me chills. 
It's dark, sad and at points tragic.

It's a battle of wills toward a great HEA.
And I really enjoyed it.
It plays out like a movie and could easily be into one.


I'd have loved more of Leonide's POV 
but then I am a sucker for an really hard anti-hero!




Thanks so much Nora for offering me the ARC.
When you said 'beyond steamy' in the blurb, you weren't joking!






No comments :

Post a Comment