Sunday, March 2, 2014

New British Author ~~ ARC REVIEW ~~ BESIEGED by L.P. Lovell



 So good, I'm putting up the flag!





In the best traditions of Jodi Ellen Malpas, 
L.P. Lovell has set the scene for another 
very British series

What would you do if you were granted millions of pounds 
and a face that melts the underwear off of any woman? 

Meet Theodore Ellis
The business man who parties like a rock star, and has more women than he has room on his bed post to put the notches. 


Meet Lilly Parker

 With a difficult past; Lilly is cold, closed off and emotionally 
unavailable in every way. 
Don't go thinking she's the sweet and innocent victim though, 
she plays the game better than most men and is the original 
use and abuse woman. 




She's built her walls ten feet high and topped with razor wire, but Theo is relentless in the face of a challenge and Lilly finds herself besieged by him. Can he get in her pants? Or will the unsuspecting man whore go a step further and finally tear down her walls? Unlikely. 



This is no hearts and flowers love story, it is a battle of wills as a woman who trusts no-one denies a man who has never been denied. 


~ I loved that Lilly's favorite stance seemed to be ~

Cue fireworks as female sass meets alpha male tenacity. 

First off, there's no getting away from the fact that this book 
leaves us on one hell of a cliffhanger!! 
Fortunately for author I love them!! 
Sometimes, I want to be left on the edge of my seat 
needing more and there's so much left to say. 
With spin-offs, I could easily see 5 fabulous books in the series
from this talented new author.

 Ridiculously sassy, Lilly's comments cut like a knife. 

“I don’t get involved with people because quite frankly 
most people aren’t worth getting involved with. 
I don’t need somebody to complete me, 
be the other half of me or any of that freaky shit.” 
― L.P. LovellBesieged

I loved her from the moment that she threw up 
in Theo's Aston Martin!
~ Classic!


 "What do I have to do to get you into my bed?"
He asks shamelessly.

"Let me see. Shit gold." 
I smile wryly.

He laughs. "You will end up in my bed Lilly.
Maybe not today or even tomorrow, but you will."

This guy thinks he's God's gift to women.
Oh, I am going to enjoy rejecting him.
I step closer to him until my lips
are only a few inches away from his.

I lean up to whisper in his ear.
"You just sealed your own failure. I hate arrogance and I hate assumption even more.
You assume I'll sleep with you."
My eyes flick confidently down his body.
"Never. Going. To happen." 

He smiles brilliantly as he leans in close to me
and whispers against my neck.
"You can pretend Sugar,
but I can see it in your eyes. You want me." 

Fast paced, well written, a very British erotic story. 
I thoroughly enjoyed it, 
I can't wait for Book 2 (coming this Autumn) 
For me it's definately
4.5 'more, more, more please' stars!








No comments :

Post a Comment